Archive for the ‘Events’ Category
Last week during SEMA, the Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA subcommittee) held their annual Awards Reception to honor a number of individuals and companies that have contributed to the street rodding industry and hobby. The event, the second largest banquet during SEMA week, brought together rod companies, builders, promoters and media for a grand evening to celebrate the industry – and to raise money.
The HRIA presented several awards throughout the evening including their new Hall of Fame inductees. Goodguys, the NSRA and ISCA also present special awards throughout the evening. Roadster Shop was honored to receive the ‘Business of the Year’ award.
Marc’s slick ’65 Mustang ‘Vapor’ picked up a Ford Design Special Recognition Award for ‘Outstanding Achievement in Design’
Check out the full build gallery for Vapor HERE
Roadster Shop booth #31309 – Click HERE for show floor map.
HRIA booth #23395 – Click HERE for show floor map.
EATON booth # 22943 – Click HERE for show floor map
First Roadster Shop ‘Style and Engineering’ award winner of 2016 goes to Bob Gawlick from Scottsdale, AZ and his awesome LS7 equipped 1968 AMX. Bob is now in the running to receive a FREE Roadster Shop chassis as the Grand prize!!
Event calendar here: https://www.good-guys.com/pdf/GoodguysSchedule2016.pdf
Roadster Shop is proud to announce a new award to be presented at each Goodguys Rod & Custom Association show this year: The Roadster Shop Style and Engineering award.
One award will be presented at each show on the calendar with a Grand Finalist being awarded a FREE ROADSTER SHOP CHASSIS at the end of the show year.
Candidates will be selected from all the vehicles being displayed at each show. The criteria? A vehicle that embodies the style, execution and innovation we strive for in each of our own builds. We will be looking at every level of build. High end and lowbrow.
Event dates for the award as follows:
- MARCH 13-15, 2015 - 6th SPRING NATIONALS WestWorld of Scottsdale – Scottsdale, AZ
- MARCH 20-22, 2015 th SPRING LONE STAR NATIONALS Texas Motor Speedway – Fort Worth, TX
- MARCH 28 & 29, 2015 33rd ALL AMERICAN GET-TOGETHER Alameda County Fairgrounds – Pleasanton, CA
- APRIL 10-12, 2015 15th MEGUIAR DEL MAR NATIONALS Del Mar Fairgrounds – Del Mar, CA
- APRIL 17-19, 2015 1st NORTH CAROLINA NATIONALS North Carolina State Fairgrounds – Raleigh, NC
- APRIL 24-26, 2015 2nd FLORIDA NATIONALS Osceola Heritage Park – Kissimmee, FL
- MAY 15-17, 2015 10th NASHVILLE NATIONALS LP Field – Nashville, TN
- MAY 30 & 31, 2015 22nd SUMMER GET-TOGETHER Alameda County Fairgrounds – Pleasanton, CA
- JUNE 5-7, 2015 2nd INDY NATIONALS Indiana State Fairgrounds – Indianapolis, IN
- JUNE 12-14, 2015 23rd GRUNDY WORLDWIDE INSURANCE EAST COAST NATIONALS Eastern States Exposition – West Springfield, MA
- JULY 3-5, 2015 24th HEARTLAND NATIONALS Iowa State Fairgrounds – Des Moines, IA
- JULY 10-12, 2015 18th PPG NATIONALS Ohio Expo Center – Columbus, OH
- SEPTEMBER 11-13, 2015 18th COLORADO NATIONALS The Ranch Events Complex – Loveland, CO
- SEPTEMBER 18-20, 2015 4th NOSTALGIA NATIONALS Beech Bend Raceway Park – Bowling Green, KY
- OCTOBER 2-4, 2015 23rd LONE STAR NATIONALS Texas Motor Speedway – Fort Worth, TX
- OCTOBER 23-25, 2015 22nd SOUTHEASTERN NATIONALS Charlotte Motor Speedway – Concord, NC
- NOVEMBER 14 & 15, 2015 26th AUTUMN GET-TOGETHER Alameda County Fairgrounds – Pleasanton, CA
- NOVEMBER 20-22, 2015 ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ 18th SOUTHWEST NATIONALS WestWorld of Scottsdale – Scottsdale, AZ
We are proud to announce the ‘Deuce Flyer’ 1932 Ford has been nominated as a ‘Great 8’ finalist at the 2015 Detroit Autorama.
See the full build gallery HERE
The 2014 Gran Turismo Awards were held at Drais Nightclub on the Las Vegas strip Wednesday night, where Kazunori Yamauchi announced a custom car from SEMA 2014, the world’s largest aftermarket automotive industry event, would be featured in an upcoming Gran Turismo game.
It all came down to the five remaining category finalists, and the ‘Best in Show’ prize was ultimately awarded to ‘Rampage’ 1970 Camaro.
Built by Roadster Shop in Mundelein, Illinois, the builders are still keeping a lot of specs under wraps for now. Hot Rod magazine just featured the car yesterday, though, and got some more details about what makes it so special:
Besides the fenders being made of carbon fiber; the nose, hood, trunk lid, rockers and diffusers are all carbon. Power is from a 750hp LS7 with a carbon fiber Harrop crossram injection and a sideways Jerico 5-speed trans. Why sideways? Because this is so low if it was mounted conventionally it would drag on the ground. A Motec Engineering management system controls the spark and flow.
The RS custom independent front and rear suspensions are sprung by Penske adjustable cantilevered coil-overs, and an air-jack system because the car is too low for a conventional jack.
As the Best in Show winner, the car is coming to a Gran Turismo game in the future, though it is obviously not clear when we can expect it. Last year’s winner, a custom ‘67 Chevy Nova, and the 2012 winner, David Eckert Ford Mach 40, have yet to arrive, though GTPlanet has learned both cars have been digitally scanned and will be released in due time.
Congratulations to GoPro and the Roadster Shop team for their victory!
See the RAMPAGE build gallery HERE